1. The Library accepts donations of books and other library materials, but reserves the right to evaluate and dispose of them in accordance with the criteria applied to the purchase of library materials. Donations may be added to the collection, sold, or discarded.
2. The Library can not accept any reference materials older than 5 years old.
3. The Library does not accept text books, encyclopedias, or magazines.
4. For any donor requesting a receipt, one will be provided stating the number of items donated. The Library Staff will not provide an appraisal for any donations. Provision of a receipt does not imply that donated materials are tax deductible.
5. No conditions may be imposed on the Library in its acceptance of any material.
6. All donated material becomes the property of the Kankakee Public Library.
The Kankakee Public Library is funded by the City of Kankakee and supported by generous individuals from the community. Donations help keep our books, classes, and resources free for library patrons. No matter the size, donations are deeply appreciated by library staff. Your thoughtful donation will be sure to play a central role in the cultural life of our community by embodying the core values of literacy, information, outreach, new experiences, and safe space. Donations can be made to the attention of the library Director, Allison Beasley.
Memorial Book Donations
A gift made in one's name is always a meaningful way to mark a special occasion or to remember or honor a beloved family member, respected friend, or colleague. A common donation is the purchase of a book in someone's name. A memorial will be added to the inside book cover. Books can be recommended by staff or specific requests will be taken into consideration. Non-book items for donation will be reviewed by the administration staff.